Visiting Kelantan Match Factory

by - August 30, 2017


abg grab tanya "Ada lagi ehh Kelantan Match Factory ?"... " yea abg grab,that's where you pick me from -_-

Hey guys and Assalamualaikum !. It's been quite awhile since I talk with you guys. Hey don't blame me, I'm not that bored. Read the caption k :P.

So baru je satni,ehh yesterday I visited the factory for photography purpose. Just to inform you guys, I'm an amateur photographer and I like to take photos when I'm bored ( besides than writing ).

So malay/english? k fine I do both.

Before I went to take photos, I did came on Sunday to inform the owner ( or we call tokey ) Mr Tan that I will be visiting the factory for photography purpose. At first he said that the match's machine is currently not functioning. Well that was one damn sad news.

Eh ehh ... sabar dulu k.

The day before yesterday,he informed me that the machine had been repaired. Oh yeahh that's what I wanna hear guys . So I set the date and so on and yeah yesterday,  I went there...ALONE ( like usual lah ).

I arrived there quite late, at 10.30 am ( blame the traffic guys ) and Mr Tan introduced me to Encik Mahmood,the one who will be explaining stuffs and be my 'tour' guide inside the factory.


This is encik Mahmood , the one who's in charge of supervising others works and at the same time being a financial manager,clerk and so on

I won't be explaining much details about how's the matches was being made ( sorry guys as I don't really know much stuff there). 

At the factory, I've been given an explanation on how's the match was being made. It was quite a work there and the manpower isn't a lot compared to the old and traditional days ( where there's no machine being used to make the matches ).


We'll start with this machine that turns the wood ( or idk the right word ) to some fine stick . This machine is connecting with each other from the first to last process of making a match


This is the button that starts all of this


And this is one of the worker who will fill in the meds or idk they call em 'ubat' for the matchstick that will light the stick when it's friction with the box 


This kakak or sister is scanning the quality of the stick and do some double check on e'm


This auntie is organizing the matchbox 


Scene from above where the worker is helping each other.
Organizing the matchbox, put the labels on em and printing
out the labels


This old man is gluing the matchbox 



The auntie is doing some double check on the matches that
were put inside the matchbox


Although Encik Mahmood is the supervisor,he didn't mind
helping his coworker when he's free ( he said to me that it was
sleepy if he didn't do anything XD)



The whole scene from the above,dang it was scary but I manage
to capture the picture

                                        
The worker is pushing the boxes at the matchboxes section

 
Sooooooo many matchboxes,who wants one?


The whole scene from above 


 I spend about 2 hour inside the factory. It was that long because I spend about 1 hour touring inside the factory and the others was listening to Encik Mahmood's story . I like to listen to the old man's story. We talked about war,his wife,and the history of the match factory. Somehow this kind of experience is the one I'll never forget :).
After spending soooo much time inside the factory,it's time for me to go to the post production factory where the matches have been organized and will be packed to be send to various states and places. I spend about 30 minutes as my grabcar have arrived quite faster than I thought he would be 




The worker is piling up the boxes,probably for shipping purposes


One of the staff is wrapping the boxes before shipping it ( but most of them are for the ready stock one )


In front of the factory

Well I guess that's the end of my reallly loooong post. I hope this explains about my recent visit . Surely I hope I can discover and uncover a lots of Kelantan's historical places or even Malaysia ( if Allah wills ) .. That's it, Assalamualaikum and have a nice night

HanHanan
p/s: she likes to take a walk somewhere 

You May Also Like

0 comments