thank you

by - January 15, 2020



Last week, our family celebrate mum's birthday. It was my idea since we never celebrate one. We didn't really have a plan on surprising her or whatever, it's just a simple celebration. A cake and just four of us.

Before buying the cake, I ask her what's her fav cake, to my surprise she said "ice cream cake". I never had thought ibu would love that since we never celebrate her birthday but still, it's fine. Me,abah and Ammar went off to KB Mall to buy the ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.

We reach home at night, and abah just said to me that we don't have to plan any surprise because he's hungry -_-. So I just showed the cake to her, we take photos and just eat (lol we didn't even sing or whatever the tradition is).

At that time, I don't really know why but there's like a grateful feeling. I don't know how to describe but yeah. I went to boarding school since I'm 13 and since then it's been 7 years since I stayed at home for a really long time.

It's been quite a while since we celebrate anything together. Last year, I see the pictures of my brother's birthday celebration and tbh I feel a bit jealous of it since I'm always missing out the fun due to work or whatever it is.

It is probably the reason why Allah makes me stay at home for quite some times. And I somehow am grateful for this situation. I guess I have to make it worth of every situation. And be thankful that I have my family to spend my time with.

To ibu,

I just wanna say I love you. I love you,ibu. Thank you, thank you for everything :). And tbh you're the strongest person I know. Despite whatever is happening, you are stronger than anyone I know.

Not everyone knows what did ibu struggle with. I only know her health condition when I'm 12. Before that, it's always been a question to me as to why Ibu always sleep, tired and seems lack of energy. And ibu's hug is the warmest. Ever since I feel that grateful feeling, I make sure to hug her every day. Although she claims that I'm being clingy (lol) but I don't mind, I love her hug. And her hug is the warmest. As I'm writing this, I had tears in my eyes and I don't know why.

I love you ibu. thank you for everything. thank you ibu :)

x
Han

You May Also Like

0 comments